Administrator for forwarding and logistics services
"It's the colleagues who inspire me the most at Andreas Schmid."
"I have always wanted to learn a commercial profession. After several internships it became clear to me that I wanted the training to become a forwarding agent with Andreas Schmid Logistik AG. During my apprenticeship, the many insights into the various departments and areas were an extremely valuable experience for me.
It's the colleagues who inspire me the most at Andreas Schmid – every day of my apprenticeship I was always pleased to go to work. The young team always has great fun with their work – and that is also conveyed to the trainees.
After my training I was taken on as an international dispatcher. This was a position I absolutely wanted to have. I develop with my new tasks here and feel at ease in the Andreas Schmid family.
The job profile
Transporting goods is a demanding and very varied task. From a small screw to a giant ship's motor, each part must safely reach its destination. It's not just the right selection of the mode of transport that plays a role here, it is also the perfect timing of the carriage.
The job description: administrator for forwarding and logistics services (formerly forwarding agent)
Duration of training: 2.5 years
Area of work: you write out offers, organise transport, invoice for this and are on hand for the customer with help and advice if any problems arise. You are in regular contact with customers, colleagues, line managers, drivers and public authorities in the process. You work mainly from our offices.
Contents of the training:
- Organisation of the dispatch, transshipment and storage of goods
- Advising and supporting customers
- Calculating prices
- Processing of orders, e.g. transportation planning
- Execution of general office and administrative work, e.g. communication with customers
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Approachability, flexibility and a customer and service focus
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Good IT knowledge (especially word processing, data processing for commercial applications and spreadsheets)
- For an apprenticeship with us, a prior (school holiday) internship is absolutely necessary.
Your dream job? Then apply now!
Tel.: +49 (0) 821 – 804 – 4770